Saturday, November 1, 2008

WEEK 9 PICKS!

Hmmmm, 9-5 two weeks ago, 5-9 last week, 14-14 on the year. Because of Halloween weekend and the college football schedule on Saturday I wasn't able to write an official preview of each game explaining why I made the pick I did. So I just have my picks in a short sweet fashion, complete with my "funny feeling" pick of the week which is now 1-1 on the year. And awayyyyyy we go...

NEW YORK JETS @ (-5.5) BUFFALO BILLS
I like the Bills at home in this AFC East game. Too much of Buffalo's offense.

DETROIT LIONS @ (-12.5) CHICAGO BEARS
0-16 dream is still alive, and I can't take the Lions to do anything but get blown out. Bears are the pick.

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS @ (+7.5) CINCINNATI BENGALS
The 7.5 lines are impossible to deal with. I loathe them...I hope the Jaguars  make me look smart because I am picking them.

BALTIMORE RAVENS @ (-1.5) CLEVELAND BROWNS
I always like to think the Browns are going to wake up and be more like last year's team, but so far it hasn't happened, save for that Monday night game against the Giants. I like the Ravens in a closeish game. 

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS @ (+7.5) KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Another 7.5 point spread. These really bother me. Did I mention that yet? I'll take the Chiefs?

HOUSTON TEXANS @ (-4.5) MINNESOTA VIKINGS
Love the Vikings in this one, coming off a bye week at home. Go AP, he's on my fantasy team!

ARIZONA CARDINALS @ (+2.5) ST LOUIS RAMS
I like the Cardinals in a shoot out. 

GREEN BAY PACKERS @ (-5.5) TENNESSEE TITANS
Last week I thought the Colts were gonna hand Tennessee their first loss of the season, and that didn't work out for me...or the Colts for that matter. So this week I'm gonna hop on the bandwagon, Titans are the pick.

MIAMI DOLPHINS @ (-3.5) DENVER BRONCOS
I know that Denver is an explosive offensive team, but with a defense as bad as they have been and playing without Champ Bailey...I can't pick them. Dolphins win!

DALLAS COWBOYS @ (-7.5) NEW YORK GIANTS
The Cowboys have been playing poorly, but I have a feeling they right the ship a little bit this week. This game is a gut check for the entire team. I'm picking the Cowboys.

ATLANTA FALCONS @ (+2.5) OAKLAND RAIDERS
The Raiders have been playing well at home this year, but I never know which Raiders team is gonna show up. I hope the Raiders give me my second "funny feeling" win of the year. 

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES @ (+6.5) SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 
Eagles win.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS @ (-5.5) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
This game has lost a little bit of the luster that it has had in previous years, but it should be another great match up. I'm thankful that NBC now gets to pick the games they are going to show on Sunday nights, no more Seattle vs. Tampa Bay!! I like the Colts at home, especially because Bob Sanders and Joe Addai are expected to play. 

PITTSBURGH STEELERS @ (-1.5) WASHINGTON REDSKINS 
This should be another great game. I have been high on Pittsburgh all year, and I have been critical about Washington's performance. Jim Zorn has been doing a great job in Washington and I think that continues and Washington continues to surprise. Redskins put on a great show Monday night. 

I am 14-14 on the year...I think this is going to be another strong week though. Bounce back November! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, the Lions didn't get blown out. Okay, they also didn't win, but... Daunte's coming, get in line for you playoff tix!

Anonymous said...

Ugh...if people would stop getting hurt maybe we could lock our place in playoffs. How dare him! :)

Anonymous said...

Poor old Jaguars. But what an insightful blogger! One of the great minds in sports!