Monday, October 20, 2008

The Tampa Bay "Don't Call Us Devil" Rays are headed to BIG SHOW!

Congrats to the Rays. I for one am happy to admit my wrongness about Game 7, I thought they were done after losing game 6. I predicted that they would win game 6, but if they didn't I thought for sure they were doomed by the Baseball (read: Red Sox) Deities. I am so thankful I was wrong. I couldn't imagine having to watch one more game involving Kevin Youkilis. Matt Garza was lights out, and the young Rays got some clutch hitting and late inning pitching. David Price was sensational, and I think he will play a really big role in the World Series. As for predictions...Phillies in 6. Although with no Red Sox or Yankees around, I can sit back, watch, and cheer for great finishes and historic performances, with no ill-will towards either team. I'm gonna side with generic Mom answer on this one, "I wish they could both win, why can't they both win?"

Game 1: Wednesday in Tampa

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Completely agree on the Kevin Youkilis comment. Much to my despair I will have to disagree with the mighty Joynt and paddle up creek by taking the underdog-those pesky Rays. Why? It's quite simple really. Starting pitching. Beyond Cole Hamels the Phil's pitching is questionable at best. Although the daunting Utley, Howard, Burrel combination lurks, it's no worse than Pedroia, Ortiz, Bay, Drew... or is it? It depends on who shows up and who packs it in early... But I'm taking the big three Garza, Shields, and Kazmir to close down those over rested Phillies. I like the team whose third pitcher was the 2008 MLB All-Star game's winning pitcher and (MVP?.. not sure check that stat)... Moreover, I like the Rays with home field advantage, and the MLB's best record at home... Nothing helps team morale like bandwagon fans selling out the Trop for the first time this year!

Rays in 7