Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pass the Dip


Super Bowl Sunday is upon us. I hope you have a party to go to. If you do, remember to not show up empty handed. A bag of chips, a fun kind of dip, something. OK?

How much can people talk about the Super Bowl? For 2 weeks straight we have been overwhelmed with Super Bowl coverage, and then on game day there is a 5 hour pregame show? At this point I know every player on both teams and every play each team has ever run. ENOUGH ALREADY. 

With the vast knowledge I have now absorbed (read: had thrust upon me) I can make an accurate Super Bowl Prediction. 

The Cardinals are on a dream run, somewhat like last year's Giants. I just saw on an ESPN.com poll that 65% of the country thinks the Cardinals will cover the spread (+7). They certainly possess the high-powered offense to put up a ton of points and surprise the Pittsburgh defense. A defense which has been dominant all year. Pittsburgh has the experience and the defensive know-how to limit Arizona's big plays, and I think that will be the difference. 

Predictions: 
Game MVP: Willie Parker
Final Score: 27-17 Pittsburgh Steelers


No comments: